PDA

View Full Version : small wood fired evaporator

cur dog
01-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Whats the best small, hobby sized evaporator out there? I've got about 40-60 taps. The Masons look nice as do the Leader models. If anybody is going bigger this year and is looking to upgrade let me know also. Thanks, for your input.

spencer11
01-29-2012, 12:26 PM
check the classifieds section. there are a few half pints on there and some others. depending on your budget, you could get a small lapierre or other like it. making one is always a fun project to!

spencer

highlandcattle
01-29-2012, 01:52 PM
We had the half pint years ago when they first came out, now there are many variations on that, about the same price. It was a nice neat little unit. Sold it for what we paid! Call the dealers near you and let them know you're looking for something like this, should be easy to pick one up reasonable. Good luck

cur dog
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. I've been watching the classifieds and haven't been able to catch one that is close by and affordable before its gone. I know its probably the worst time of year to be shopping around too. Any tips are appreciated, and at the least I'll know where to look after the season.

Z/MAN
01-29-2012, 07:56 PM
cur dog, Where are you in NE PA??

cur dog
01-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Z/MAN, Montrose/Hallstead area. About 40 minutes north of Scranton, just off 81.