PDA

View Full Version : St. Lawrence county

Fred Henderson
03-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Started tapping today and finished at 4pm. We did 60 roadside and 200 in the bush.

ibby458
03-09-2006, 05:17 AM
You're ahead of me, Fred. Let me know how they run.

Good luck to you!

Fred Henderson
03-09-2006, 08:53 AM
I was in the bush early this AM finishing up some tubing drops and some of the buckets had an 1" in them.

ibby458
03-10-2006, 04:55 AM
I guess we haven't missed much yet, then. I had to run over to MKS in the morning, and Tommy said it won't run until Saturday or so. Since it was SOOOO nasty, I gave up on tapping for yesyterday. Beth & mike moved the bucket washer into the garage and started on the metal buckets while Bruce & I set the pans on the arch and leveled them.

I puttered around picking up the debris from the arch repairs and getting the place shipshape for later. Those old buckets were so nasty with dried on sap & dead bugs that Beth & Mike only got 150 scrubbed, rinsed & dried in an all day session. WE gotta go to town today, but as soon as we get back, she'll finish the metal buckets and I'll do the covers.

Saturday weather forecast looks a bit better, so we'll start tapping early anf keep going until we're done. I still gotta build cribbing for the storage tank, and set the 360 gallon gathering tank in the big trailer and the 90 gallon one in the ATV trailer. Hopefully, we can get that done Sunday morning, and gather in the afternoon.

Hope yours are running like crazy, and we can catch up.