PDA

View Full Version : 2x6 Small Brothers Lightning

1951oliver88
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Just bought a 2x6 Small Brothers Lightning Raised Flue Rig. The pans were off and they handed me a pile of parts which make up the two floats. I put together the float entering the flue pan that was pretty straight forward. However I have not got the hang of the float going into the finish pan. I know that you can switch the float from side to side depending on which side you draw off from. Any pictures or diagrams that anyone has would be a great help.

THCPrecision
01-24-2012, 04:58 PM
I have the same rig just with a hood and pre-heater added on pretty simple yoke goes over the 90 entering the front box with the gasket material up facing the bottom of the 90 for a face seal and the 2 fingers slightly bent down the float slides on and adjust with the wing nut for depth.. make sure the gasket seals good might have to play with it a little then just open the valve. I can take pics of mine later this week if you are still stuck. feel free to call and ill walk you thru it.603-209-0752 good luck Todd

Flat47
01-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Just bought a 2x6 Small Brothers Lightning Raised Flue Rig. The pans were off and they handed me a pile of parts which make up the two floats. I put together the float entering the flue pan that was pretty straight forward. However I have not got the hang of the float going into the finish pan. I know that you can switch the float from side to side depending on which side you draw off from. Any pictures or diagrams that anyone has would be a great help.

Send me a pm (private message). I've got factory diagrams showing the assembly that I'll photo copy for you.

1951oliver88
02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Thank you to the Maple Enthusiast for helping me with diagrams and to Nick at Wendel's Maple in East concord NY 592-2299. Very Helpful in getting this rig set up

flying squirrel maple
02-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I have a 2x8 not sure how everything fits together could you post some pics of the float put together thanks.