PDA

View Full Version : Got started on my new Arch yesterday!

rookie
01-23-2012, 08:12 PM

I know its not much but i got started on my new Arch. Can't wait to fininsh it and start boiling!

GramaCindy
01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Looks good to me, firebrick and archboard that baby, set on a divided pan with drawoffs and you're good to go!

rookie
01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
I've had my divided pan since last fathersday, fire brick and all the angle iron in november and just got arch board and pan gasket a couple weeks ago from bascoms, now I just have to put it all together!

Ausable
01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Rookie - It looks a bit like mine - Only difference - mine was cut all the way to the back and the Grandson welded a steel box to the back to mount the stack on. Looks like it is coming along pretty good. Best of Luck to ya.

rookie
01-27-2012, 09:21 PM
thanks, still haven't done anymore to it, maybe this weekend if the wife lets me, its hard to find time we have a newborn now, 2 weeks and 3 days old

Ausable
01-28-2012, 04:52 AM
thanks, still haven't done anymore to it, maybe this weekend if the wife lets me, its hard to find time we have a newborn now, 2 weeks and 3 days old

Rookie and Mrs. Rookie - Congratulations on the Little One - It has been a long time - but I remember those days. You won't believe this now - but - before You know it - that little baby will be about 10 or so and helping you gather and boil. Best of Luck and God bless.

rinert
01-29-2012, 02:07 AM
- that little baby will be about 10 or so and helping you gather and boil. Best of Luck and God bless.[/QUOTE] I have 4 4/7/10/12 and they all help in one way or another. The 4 year old likes to help maybe a little to much. good luck and the arch looks good. My stove looks the same but I put a steel plate on the back and welded a flange to hook the pipe to seems to work but I was wondering if some one could tell me if it would help if i did it like he did. Well looks good and good luck.

SevenCreeksSap
01-29-2012, 06:20 PM
That thing looks like a cradle to me. Get some baby sized earplugs and safety glasses and get to work:lol:

rookie
01-29-2012, 08:08 PM
thanks, i know they grow up fast, its crazy! my older boy will be 7 in march, and it seems like he was just born, he likes to help me haul sap, and hang out with me while boiling... its fun

Ausable
01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
- that little baby will be about 10 or so and helping you gather and boil. Best of Luck and God bless. I have 4 4/7/10/12 and they all help in one way or another. The 4 year old likes to help maybe a little to much. good luck and the arch looks good. My stove looks the same but I put a steel plate on the back and welded a flange to hook the pipe to seems to work but I was wondering if some one could tell me if it would help if i did it like he did. Well looks good and good luck.[/QUOTE]

Smile - rinert - I have 4 kids too - LOL - BUT - they are 52, 51, 48 and 47 and just yesterday - they were as young as yours. Time sure does Fly - when You are having fun -- LOL --- MIke

rookie
02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
finishing my cofee while browsing the site, then going out to work on my arch, hopefully i will have some more picks for you later!

rookie
02-10-2012, 10:18 PM
A little more progress, mostly all the parts are cut and there , i just have to do some more bolting and welding, add my pipe in for my blower and put down the arch board then brick it, and oh yeah cut a hole in the roof for the stack. Thinking about tapping tomorrow, I work best under pressure.... lol

rookie
03-03-2012, 10:44 PM
well its been finished for about two weeks, just no time to post. Put arch board and fire brick in last sat, test boiled with water sunday, tweaked it a little and boiled my 1st sap to day, about 8 or 9 gph. Not to bad but I know i can do better. Here are some pics55655566556755685569 my helper / Grampy. my test boil, and why does the door say " United States Stove Company" and the box it came in says "made in china" errr

xulgiy
03-04-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm not sure what you have for pans. I have drop flues on my drum arch and get 20gph on the best days. I stuck a furnace blower in the back of the drum and used fire bricks with holes drilled in them for grates. the air travels through the arch and up under the brick. It really rips!

rookie
03-04-2012, 07:54 PM
5578 i've got a 2x4 divided pan, this is a picture of me shutting down