PDA

View Full Version : rapid tube?

Four D Acre Farms
01-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Hey i know that there have been some posts with some questions about rapitube but havent seen anyone posting that is using (or at least havent come across yet) is there anyone using this product and what kinda feed back do you have on it. i am willing to step up with the initial investment for the savings in time and lack of mess when i remove from the bush, i have a full time job besides the farm! any way i have heard a couple of guys that bought the product and have had some issues with their lat line holes stretching or tearing? :o have also read the tech guys side here on the forum i have heard as well that rapidtube guys have dropped the price some (anything helps) anyway i need to order very soon and would like some help making the descion ( which was made till i heard the issues that others have had. I am not tring to open a can of worms or bashing party but would like some info from end users if any out there thanx

ennismaple
01-23-2012, 01:58 PM
We don't use it but my cousins have put up half their bush using Rapi-Tube. They like how it handles. I helped out for a day and we had one section of mainline that we re-routed in under 30 minutes and I was impressed with how it handled.

markct
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
how stretchy is the stuff? can you realy pull it taught like you do with wire or is it too soft? i have some leader 30p 1/2 mainline with no wire in places and you cant tension it too much, needs alot of support.

Profirefighter
01-23-2012, 08:14 PM
We have about 3000 ft out for testing, Happy with it so far. This will be the third season for it and have had no problems. The best part is it can easily be lifted with a couple of ironwood poles to allow equipment into the bush for tree removal. The strapping works great. Built a narrow box that will hold the roll of strapping, I just carry it on my shoulder and pull out what ever is required. Slid fittings hooked right in the strapping to remove tension on the manifold at the mainline. As I replace the mainlines and expand, I will be using the Rapi-tube for the 1 inch and ¾ inch lines. Bigger lines will be in the ground.

Four D Acre Farms
01-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the input just ordered some to give it a try.

Tweegs
03-12-2012, 07:13 PM
You’re in my neck of the woods 4D, relatively speaking.
Where did you find the rapi-tube?

Checked the suppliers that I know of (Maple guys, Bascoms, Sugarbush, Haigh’s, RMG) none have it listed in their catalogs. Also, the link the IPL rep provided here in the forum appears to be dead.

I just got permission to tap my neighbor’s trees, but it has to be on a takedown gravity system. Need to get a tap count and tubing cost so I can calculate a return on investment.

CBOYER
03-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Rapid tube is a CDL product. they make a business separation between IPL and CDL, and all internet links were not rebuilt...

IPL Technical Support
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi guys,

We are currently working on a new website that should be up and running this Summer. You still can watch the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPx_VpbdSh8&feature=related and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjbOIkfBH3s&feature=related.

Rapi-Tube is manufactured by IPL and sold by CDL, our distributor. You can reach CDL USA at: 1-800-762-5587.

We are working hard on some user friendly guides to help you guys with installation, Q&A, tips and many other info on our products. Everything will be available on our new website this Summer and at your local CDL dealer. I will probably post some of the documents on this board too.

Regards,
IPL Technical Support

Tweegs
03-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Good to know,
Thanks
I’ll be watching for the new site.