PDA

View Full Version : Syrup equipment stores in CT.

Starting Small
01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Hello, does anyone know the name or website for equipment sellers (tubing, containers, taps, etc) in CT? Thanks,

Jec
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Norman's sugar house in woodstock, CT might sell that kind of stuff.

markct
01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Lamothes Sugarhouse in Burlington CT is the only one i know of that has an actual "store" open regular hours year round and stocks the usual tubing buckets and other needs, he also has some used stuff that changes from time to time. I buy a bit of stuff from them, i dont know of any other place in the state that has a setup like them, a few other so called dealers that can order you whatever you want and only have hours by appointment, but if im gona go thru that hassle i will just order from Bascoms they ship fast and you usualy have it in a day or two

girmann
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Depends on how big you want to go. I bought two taps, buckets, and covers at Petals and Paws in Canton

rchase
01-26-2012, 06:22 PM
any of the fw webbs in ct could get you what you wanted from the vermont stores which stock the stuff your looking for.

Starting Small
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
I ended up going to Lamothe's Sugar House in Burlington, great people and very helpful. I walked in and told them that I was at their mercy and would go by whatever recommendations they had. Very helpful. It was strange because the owner and I were like the same person seperated by 30 or 35 years. We both hunt, keep bees, raise meat rabbits, and make maple syrup. It was like looking at my future self!