PDA

View Full Version : Gast 2565 parts

whalems
01-21-2012, 08:14 AM
I am looking for parts for a Gast 2565. Where in northern Michigan do you guys get your parts? I checked Gast web site and the only place listed was in west branch. does anyone know of any place else? Thanks for the help, Mike

whalems
01-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Anyone? Suggestions please.

Tweegs
01-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Any chance you've got a Grainger near by?

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/rp_search_by_product.jsp?refineByModel=2565&refineType=refineModel&baseSearchType=product&lastMfgSearchCriteria=&lastModelSearchCriteria=&lastPartSearchCriteria=&lastInfoSearchCriteria=&lastProdSearchCriteria=&lastSuppSearchCriteria=&lastKeywordSearchCriteria=gast&lastSearchType=keyword&x=12&y=13

Edit in: Looks like there is one in Traverse city.

whalems
01-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks Tweegs, Just found them online. they are checking on parts availabilty and lead time. But I didn't know we had a local store right here in TC untill your post:D thanks again, Mike

Tweegs
01-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Glad I could help, stumbled on it, really.

Running gravity this season, but next season we’ll upgrade to vacuum.
I’ve been trying to get an idea on what pump folks are using for applications under 1000 taps, preferably under 500 taps, and when I punched yours in for specs, Grainger was the first thing that popped up. Two birds-one stone.

What do you think of that pump?
How well does it handle your bush?

whalems
01-23-2012, 09:24 AM
I got off the phone with Grainger a little while ago and the price quote and availabilty may have been over stated by there weekend sales rep:mad: I asked for a price list on parts and lead time. so, the sales rep ordered the parts. I was checking on prices for several different parts that I may need in the future. The bill was almost $400 I explained the sittuation and ordered the parts I needed only to have them say I was Quoted a price on parts they no longer carry and she would Try to match the price and try and get my parts:( she said she would get to work on it right away and would email me latter today.

whalems
01-23-2012, 09:28 AM
What do you think of that pump?
How well does it handle your bush?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about the pump yet. This will be my first attempt at vac. I was told 1 CFM per 100 taps was what to look for. so this pump popped up on ebay for $100 so I thought I would give it a try. I am told it will handle my bush with no problem

michiganfarmer2
02-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Im using a surge sp22. I cant help you. SOrry

whalems
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Found my parts:D They will be delivered tomorrow!! Michiganfarmer when do you plan to tap? thanks for all the input. Mike

michiganfarmer2
02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Whalems, I had the kids start tapping over the weekend. THey are picking away at it while I continue adding tubing. I hope to be done buy the end of the weekend, Feb 26