PDA

View Full Version : bascoms??

bowtie
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
i am in need of a bunch of equipment to get me going. 125 buckets, tanks, pumps, bricks and ceramic insulation plus some misc. i have been checking on-line and you can get a decent deal on somethings at one site,and others things at different site. by the time you pay shipping to each, i think it may just as easy and cheap to drive to bascoms. it is about 6 hr drive one way but with a trailer i can get it all and be done. i have heard good stuff about bascoms and they seem to have everything i need. do any of you guys or girls have other suggestions. i live in the southern tier of ny and have a few sources for things but they do not seem to have everything i want plus nh has no sales tax. the difference in gas is offset by the no sales tax but i would like any other options. love to stay local but sometimes it just is not possible or cost effective. thanks!

Redmaple
01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
This might help. http://www.leaderevaporator.com/t-Leader-Evaporator-Dealers.aspx#ny

gmcooper
01-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Bowtie, Bascoms have a good selection of new and used and they are dealers for most manufacturers. Nothing wrong with a good road trip and who knows maybe you'll find a bunch of stuff you didn't know you needed till you get there!

OldManMaple
01-20-2012, 04:08 AM
Vermont does not charge a sales tax on maple equipment.

maple flats
01-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Bascoms is in NH, they have no sales tax. The list you see online for used equipment is not totally current, things move in and out of there fast, especially this time of year. If you are buying everything from a dealer, they are good to deal with, but if you could find the things from private sale it will usually be less costly, but I do understand time is a factor.

backyard sugaring
01-20-2012, 07:06 AM
If you are into sugaring it is a neat store. My wife took me there for my Birthday and let me spend some of her money on my addiction to this hobby. We live in NH and it took me 2 hours to get there. Follow craigslist in the farm equipment section you may find some of what you need. Good Luck. Lee

bowtie
01-20-2012, 07:38 AM
guys thanks for the input i will definately call before i go. i have been searching the classifieds and craiglist (125-150 miles) and have literally found nothing. i would love to buy locally but can't find used aluminum buckets here and when i find something it seems to 10-20 % or more higher than internet stores.

mellondome
01-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Shop local. You have a warehouse for D&G just up the road in Filmore. A new CDL superstore in Westfield PA ( 45min drive ). Lots of folks go to Bryan Ianson in Coudersport Pa.

It is one thing to save a buck, but when you need help or service, where are you going to get that at when you have your tanks full and buckets running over?

Talk to other producers in the local area. They can usually point you to someone looking to sell what you want to buy.