PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Block arch

lynxridge
01-18-2012, 08:51 AM
I have an old horse lean-to in my backyard and am thinking of building a concrete clock arch inside. Nothing extravagant... no custom door or anything. I think I'll try and find a steel piece to slide in as the door. Do you think it will be tight enough to do inside or should I play it safe and do it outside?

smokeyamber
01-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Where is the smoke going a nice tall stack ? If you fill the blocks, seal around pans I don't see any issues...keep a fire extinguisher handy. Inside is always nicer.

lynxridge
01-18-2012, 09:39 AM
I have a nice 10' stainless stack from my wifes grandad that I can run through the roof. Do you fill the blocks with dirt? Would you use stove gasket to seal around the pans?

RileySugarbush
01-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Filled or not, it would probably work fine if you have nice draw. If you are building on a concrete slab make sure you throw some sand or firebrick down, or better use a grate. What you want to avoid is too much heat on the concrete. It can explode violently. (speaking from experience!)

lynxridge
01-18-2012, 10:36 AM
The floor is dirt, so I think I should be all set with that. I'll just have to be real careful when putting wood on the fire.