PDA

View Full Version : Suppliers in/near Vermont's Banana belt

Ecnerwal
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Being down in southwest Vermont a mile or two from the MA line, and perhaps 4 miles from the NY line, I'm just wondering if the closest "maple supplier" (should I care to patronize an actual physical store) is up in Rutland, or any closer (other than FW Webb in Bennington, but I think they are mostly in the mainline and other plumbing parts business, since plumbing is what they do, not full-range maple supplies. But I suppose I could be wrong. I'll go re-read those threads.) Around an hour and a half to either Brattleboro or Rutland, but perhaps a shade shorter to Brattleboro than Rutland.

Our sponsors are a bit more of a haul, nearly 3 hours away in New Hampshire - the drive does not appeal. Sorry.

May still be put off another year, but I'm certainly thinking about taking the plunge again this year.

rchase
01-17-2012, 06:04 AM
fw webb in bennington is a lapierre dealer. they stock 5/16 tubing,fittings, mainline fittings,wire,ect. dale long is the contact there. all the fw webbs in southern vermont are lapierre dealers (rutland,brattleboro,bennington,springfield)

Greenwich Maple Man
01-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Being down in southwest Vermont a mile or two from the MA line, and perhaps 4 miles from the NY line, I'm just wondering if the closest "maple supplier" (should I care to patronize an actual physical store) is up in Rutland, or any closer (other than FW Webb in Bennington, but I think they are mostly in the mainline and other plumbing parts business, since plumbing is what they do, not full-range maple supplies. But I suppose I could be wrong. I'll go re-read those threads.) Around an hour and a half to either Brattleboro or Rutland, but perhaps a shade shorter to Brattleboro than Rutland.

Our sponsors are a bit more of a haul, nearly 3 hours away in New Hampshire - the drive does not appeal. Sorry.

May still be put off another year, but I'm certainly thinking about taking the plunge again this year.

CDL has a great retail store in West Rutland. Chris Lanfear is the dealer- manager his mother Val works there most of the time. Real nice people and good equipment. If you would like the store number PM me.

maplwrks
01-17-2012, 08:44 AM
There is also Longhill Sugarmakers in Pittsford, 3 miles north of Rutland on rt7. They are Lapierre dealers

Brokermike
01-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Just give one of us locals a call and we can always carpool on a trip to Leader or something. I need to pick up my fixed front pan at some point this month

stoweski
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Bascoms is about an hour and a half from you. But yea, FW Webb carries Lapierre products.

wcproctor
01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
the red bucket sugar shack worthington ma

syrup2nv
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Bennington FW Webb has 3/4" Blue Main line, 2 different styles of 5/16" lateral/drop lines along with all of the fittings (tees,spouts,stubys spouts,seasonal spouts,main line entrance fittings/gaskets/straps/clamps). They also have about 6 different tubing tools!!

They carry 304 SS fittings and valves along with Lead Free Brass fittings and valves.

I was told by an employee of the Bennington Store that they were getting some check valve spouts as well. They are open to options on what to carry "in-stock" as normal items. As this will be there first Maple Season!!

There is also a Dominion & Grimm Dealer in Arlington:
Kevin Mattison
375-9426