PDA

View Full Version : started tapping in madison county

maple flats
03-06-2006, 05:11 AM
I tapped the first 100 about a week ago thursday when it was warm but didn't get enough to boil. Yesterday I tapped a few in the woods, about 60 or so and got a grand total of about 5 gal of sap. Plan on tapping more today and finish tomorrow because it will run Wed - Fri good and then without freezing nights may almost quit for the weekend. Then instead of hopping for warm days we will be hoping for cold nights. I have about 75 taps either in or going in on Reds and they can't take much more warm without the cold to hold them from budding. The rest are all sugars and those buds haven't even started to swell yet. First boil will likely be on Wed.

Johnny Cuervo
03-06-2006, 08:22 AM
I tapped 58 yesterday. Sure wish I had my buckets washed, all south facing taps were running at close to 200 drips a minute. I put out most buckets this morning, hope the sun stays out. Looks like a busy week ahead.

maple flats
03-08-2006, 07:47 PM
No boil yet. I collected the sap tonight from about 200 taps, total pick-up was about 16-18 gal. Started to run late in the day. Should be good tomorrow. About 28 buckets and 130 new pipeline taps, just were not running, about 40 were previous years taps on pipeline but all these taps were sanitised in peroxide.