PDA

View Full Version : wish i would have tapped a week & half back!

jluckay
01-12-2012, 08:25 AM
tapped one tree over a week ago & have been dumping 1/2 to 3/4 bucket nightly! also sugar has been around 2.5-3.0 %. also noticed the buds are looking as if it were late march (posted pic in the gallery).
looking like its going to be a short normal season for me.

buckeye gold
01-12-2012, 09:17 AM
That has been my fear as well, jluckay, but everyone says no way. I do think we'll have some good runs, but I'd almost wager at this point that we will see a short season. I'm 4-5 hours south of you, if your wondering I'm really nervous. I wanted to tap a week ago, but give in to the "it's better to wait philosophy". I hope we can look back and say it was wise to wait, but I'm really nervous. I am going to tap Saturday as of today's plans. Then if I have to I'll move to new trees in February.

Grand Square Acres
01-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I was going to tap this weekend but with this snow and freezing temp. I changed my mind. Will wait a couple more weeks. I hope this is not a mistake but all the old timers I know are telling me to wait. I guess we will have to wait and see.

DRod2
01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
It is hear nor there but guy I bought my evaporator said his best year was during a year like this!