PDA

View Full Version : Dump tank ideas

MillbrookMaple
01-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I just bought a vac system that has a double releaser. My big tank is a 2100 gallon verticle norwesco tank that has a 16" manhole type cover on the top. The hole is not big enough for the releaser to dump into without spilling around the hole plus it is about 7 feet in the air. Anyone have any ideas on how to over come this? I was thinking of putting the releaser up the hill from the tank and setting up a small open top tank like a rain barrel with a pipe going to the big tank. Any suggestions on a cost effective solution?

vtwoody
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM
How much can you pick up a small tank for (that's your answer.....) just having wheels turning in my head - one solution would be to retrofit opening with something approximating a "funnel" so it has a wide enough opening....biggest issue, IMHO, is having your releaser waaaay up high on top of that tank everytime you want to clean it, tweak it, check it, kick it, etc....just my armchair opinion but it seems like a better choice to go with your concept of a two-stage with the releaser upslope and closer to ground.....

now let the "profesionals" provide you with some advice worth more than what you paid me... ;)

nymapleguy607
01-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Could you build something like a funnel? Just make it big enough to fit the bottom of your double releaser and have it taper down to fit your tank.