PDA

View Full Version : Mason 2x4

Mike Wacker
01-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Yesterday afternoon I stopped up and visited Bill at his shop and ordered a 2x4 for the coming year. Gloat, Gloat. What an awesome guy! Now I just have to learn how to use it. Graduating from 6 taps and a turkey burner to between 25 and 50 taps, maybe more if the friends that say they want to tap their own bring some. Got plenty of well seasoned wood.

MapleME
01-05-2012, 09:54 AM
You will love the quality of Bills stuff. Im in Brunswick, happy to help you with a test fire if you want. When do you expect deliver?

Mike Wacker
01-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Bill Said, "You'll have in time for this year". That being said and meeting him I'm confident I'll have it time to boil. Just not exactly when. Working on shack, more wood just in case., Food grade barrels, etc. Yes one very understanding wife.

Fishgill
01-05-2012, 12:23 PM
You will love it. I purchased the same one last year. I can't wait to fire it up again. Good guy to deal with.

GramaCindy
01-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I too ordered and recieved that same evaporator last year…MY images appear on his sight for how to firebrick. I just read, read, and read all I could on this sight and did great last year, my first making syrup! any questions, pm me, I am always checking. Good luck to you!

LawnSite
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Just took deliver of a 2 x 4 from Bill with reverse flow. I was sold on the reviews here and the discussions I had with Bill and Tony
upon delivery. Service was awesome. I had it inside of 3 weeks. Next step, bricking. YIKES

GramaCindy
01-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Just took deliver of a 2 x 4 from Bill with reverse flow. I was sold on the reviews here and the discussions I had with Bill and Tony
upon delivery. Service was awesome. I had it inside of 3 weeks. Next step, bricking. YIKES

No problem LawnSite, I did it myself last year, no previous experience. Just rent a wet/tub saw, (the only way to go IMO) and start at the bottom and work your way up. Try to make sure that they are tight up against the top rail. I did add several layers of patio block under that back area to get the firebricks that were on the top of them closer to the pan. Really helped keep the back boiling better.

LawnSite
01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Ya..Tony mentioned to me upon deliver it's critical to brick tight to the the top rail
so to avoid any rippling. Again...this is why I made my purchase from Bill....offering
suggestions and pointers before I even asked the question.

1badsapper
01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I too ordered and recieved that same evaporator last year…MY images appear on his sight for how to firebrick. I just read, read, and read all I could on this sight and did great last year, my first making syrup! any questions, pm me, I am always checking. Good luck to you!

Do you have a link I could take a look at this pan?

LawnSite
01-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Nope. Sitting at home in garage. I'll get a picture and send it your way.

1badsapper
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Never mind I found the site, really nice product.