PDA

View Full Version : Bricking under the flue pan on a gasification arch

Gravitytom
01-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I know there has been lots of post on fire bricking of the fire box, but have not found much about under the flue pans on a gasification arch. Here are some pictures of how I have done mine and would greatly appreciate any comment, suggestions or any imput that might make an improvement. I'm wondering if I have the wall/dam high enough to the rail and should it slope back to the stack rather than dropping stright down. Thanks

Gravitytom
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Guess my pictures didn't work will try again

Gravitytom
01-02-2012, 06:19 PM
I hope it worked this time

jmayerl
01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
First off this is for a raised flue correct? Well here is my suggestions from looking at a intenso fire. The ramp came almost level with the rails about 1/4 of the way back the flue pan. It then came back down about 1/4 of the way from the back. I'm thinking that a smoother downward transition would help with getting the heat out better. Are you planning on having a base stack. Without one I don't think you will get good distribution of heat in the back corners of the pan. What size arch is this?

Gravitytom
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes it is a raised flue and it came with no base stack only a 14 inch stack. It is a 3'x12' arch.