PDA

View Full Version : Booster Tanks

spud
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm putting in my booster tanks and i was told that i need to use about 18 inches of flex pipe for each valve. Also i was told that both the wet and dry line needs to have 18 inches of flex pipe where it goes into the booster tank. My question is why do i need flex pipe at all? It seems the more fittings the greater chance of vac leaks. Does a booster tank shift around enough to break fittings? If theres anyone that uses booster tanks could you please send a photo of your set-up? I'm a firm believer that the less fittings the better but if it causes a problem then i would love to know.Thanks.

Spud

gmcooper
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I have only one booster tank that doubles as a manifold with 3 mainlines feeding into it. Also have one wet and dry line from vacuum pump. Mine are all black plastic plumbed right to it. I do have a bit of "slack" with each line just to provide a bit of give if needed from about 4' away.
Mark

spud
12-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks GM,

Have you ever had any problems with fitting breaking? I really think your way of doing it is the right way.

Spud

gmcooper
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
That booster tank has been there for 10 years with no issues. I worry more about a tree limb falling on it than lines causing a problem. I've never seen any with flex pipe connected.
Mark