PDA

View Full Version : Where to get plastic bottles/jugs with "Ohio" label

SevenCreeksSap
12-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey Ohio guys,
where do you recommend getting some plastic pint,quart,1/2 gallon plastic bottles/jugs that have Made in Ohio or Ohio Maple Syrup labels? I see all of the other states have their name. naturally looking for the best price or if anyone has some to sell I'm interested. shooting for variety of sizes less than 1 gal. and hoping to make at least 25 gal this year, 50 if its really good but that may be a lot with 110 taps. Whats a realistic expectation on gallons for 110 taps on a 2x8 wood fired evap?

MFarmall
12-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Try Sugar Bush Supplies up in Mason MI. They carry this areas jugs with the states.
Mel

christopherh
12-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Sugarbush Creek Farm in Middlefield has Ohio Jugs and I think labels. How many do you need? I drive through Stuebenville just about every week. I'b be glad to drop them off if they have what you need. They're right down the road from me. Might check with Karl Evans in Colebrook to. How do you like the blue and yellow Bridge? Chris

Just wanted to add I made 50 Gallons on 300 taps last season.

SevenCreeksSap
12-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll look them up and maybe have an excuse to drive north for steelhead and get some jugs. Just glad the bridge is back open but it should be scarlet and gray.