PDA

View Full Version : British Virgin Islands

twitch
12-21-2011, 04:07 AM
any one ever send syrup to the British Virgin Islands. My boss takes his sale boat down there every winter thinking of sending some with him he is going to check on the import taxes and regulations if any one has any info let me know thanks

batsofbedlam
12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
I think that's called smuggling.

twitch
12-21-2011, 02:57 PM
I said i was going to look into doing it legally.

S Culver
12-21-2011, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't think a small amount would be a problem. Gallons yes. I spent a good part of my youth on St John which was just across the channel from there. The biggest problem might just be they don't know how to deal with it because they have never had to. I remember when they put the customs shed in on Cruz bay on St John. It would open every day and you just signed in and out of the country not even an ID check. Just wrote your name down on a sheet of paper. I asked the guy years after this started what happens to this paper. He said I don't know they never told me what to do with it so I just throw it out.

Revi
12-23-2011, 08:31 AM
I would take some down there and do some trading with it. See if you can trade some for meals for example. I always take half pints with me whenever I go travelling. People I'm staying with I hand them out to. I trade them for antiques and things also.