PDA

View Full Version : Maple Coated Nut Machine

OneLegJohn
12-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Any ideas? My arm is going to fall off. Will a cream machine mix nuts and candy syrup without breaking the nuts? Right now we are using a big bowl and a wood spoon...automation would be appreciated.

MapleME
12-20-2011, 11:17 AM
I think you could get away with a VERY SLOW setting on a stand mixer. I have a Kitchenaid mixer that I tested and I think the lowest speed to still too fast. BUT if you had a mixer that went slow enough and had a glass or stainless bowl and maybe used the paddle or hook attachment I think it would work well.

I feel your pain, been there!

buckeye gold
12-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I done 12 lbs in three batches today and I completely understand how you feel. I also been thinking about the stand mixer with the dough hook, I think it will work.

philkasza
06-19-2012, 10:33 AM
I done 12 lbs in three batches today and I completely understand how you feel. I also been thinking about the stand mixer with the dough hook, I think it will work.

I just made some coated almonds and pecans with the cream machine and it worked very well . The almonds dont break as easy as the pecans but it shur works better than stirring by hand.I did wonder how long the nuts stay good for packeged in sealed containers? Thanks Philip

mapleack
06-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Phil, after you make the nuts, put them in an oven on 200 for 2 hrs, let them cool, then seal in bags and they'll be fresh for months.

whalems
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM
vacuum seal them and they stay fresh for a long time.

philkasza
06-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Phil, after you make the nuts, put them in an oven on 200 for 2 hrs, let them cool, then seal in bags and they'll be fresh for months.

Will the maple coating melt when you put them in the oven or will it stay right on the nut.
thanks Philip

mapleack
06-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Stays on the nut, 200 deg dries them out but isnt hot enough to melt.

Cake O' Maple
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
vacuum seal them and they stay fresh for a long time.

I tried that, and don't think it's a good idea. Most of the sugar fell off the nuts--I'm sure from the pressure of the vacuuming. Some I'd sealed in cello bags looked great.