PDA

View Full Version : Picked up new evap last night!

MapleME
12-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Excited about the newest addition to the family, the Lapierre 2x5 raised flue. This will be my first evaporator with a dedicated flu pan and syrup pan, plus cold and hot float boxes.

Its a little daunting to figure out all of these pipes, pans, floats etc but I know it will all make sense in the end and I will be very happy. I've gone from the turkey fryer to the 2x6 flat pan to this rig. Pretty excited to get her installed and test fired! Its all bricked up already which is really nice too!

Anyway, I figure my wife and dogs aren't excited for me, so this was my last resort!

Cheers,

MapleME

waysidemaple
12-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Awesome! Nothing better than being able to play with a new evaporator. Espeacially when it's your first one!

Scott

jim finen
12-19-2011, 07:11 PM
MapleME,
That sounds awsome! I remember 30 years ago my dad cut a 55gal drum off with a flat pan in the middle of the driveway! seams like yesterday. You got the maple feaver!!! Have fun with it, as for the wife..lol...she will come around, she has to except the fact that us syurp makers are NUTS!

MapleME
12-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Well, the 2x6 Mason was really my first TRUE evaporator. Gotta give it to Bill Mason though, great stuff and even better he is local to me. BUT I didn't have the funds for a new version of what Bill has been making recently, and I guess there is a good reason not much of his stuff is floating around used..... so I had to slum it with a Laierre, LOL.

adk1
12-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I cant wait to get my Leader 2x6! Hoping to get it weekend of New Years. I am pumped!

MapleME
12-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Now I have to figure out how to get a blower in this bad boy!

Maplebrook
12-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Congratulations! Wishing your family many hours of happy boiling and quality time.
Darren

MapleOak
12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Boo-Yay... I can promise you your new addition will be celebrating with you soon!!! When I got the four-wheeler... Junior says, "dad that's awesome... is it ours? Moms going to kill you!!!" As you know he was right, but I had someone to celebrate with for a few minutes...

Post some pics!