PDA

View Full Version : Bear damage already!

njburg
12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I started puting up tubing in Oct. and today I had some time to add some more laterals and found that the quick disconect that I put in one lateral had come apart. I put it back together and noticed that the tubing looked weird, that was when I saw the tooth marks in it. When I started to put the new laterals in I also found bite marks in that main line.This is new tubing.
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to keep the bears away from the tubing, short of a load of buckshot?
Bear/Buck seasion ended in New Jersey this Saturday, and only one bear was shot by any of the guys I hunt with. The bears are a real pain in the a** around here.

shane hickey
12-11-2011, 08:06 PM
shoot the bears and keep quit sure glad we dont have those in my area thoughs sons of beaches
shane

12-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Maybe you could get a nuisance permit and shoot a few

Typical8
12-12-2011, 06:49 AM
I can't tell you what to do about the bears. But I will say that there is nothing better than a bear roast. I have bear bites every year and have found the best fix is JB- Water Weld. This is an epoxy stick that you cut a piece off and knead it up with your fingers to patch bite holes. Always have a stick of this in my pocket when walking lines. I rolled out 500' of 1" this summer and the next day went to tie it up and the bears already had to try it out.

oneoldsap
12-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Just scatter a few picnic baskets around your bush and they'll leave the tubbing alone ! LOL

KZecher
12-15-2011, 08:35 PM
instead of bears try coyotes... play with sugaring line like it is a chew toy...