PDA

View Full Version : Tubing question

Sap King
12-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I recently replaced my laterals and drops. I have increased to110 taps divided into 4 sections into the mainline. I have one section that has 31 taps into it and recently read you should only have 15-20 taps maximum on a run. Is 31 to many? If so why?

sjdoyon
12-11-2011, 09:10 AM
if you're on gravity, might be different than on vacuum. We're on vacuum and were advised to "Strive for Five". We have 5-7 taps on a run which runs into a 1 inch lateral.

Here's Leader's recommended practice, of course they want to sell more tubing.

The 5/16" plastic tubing we sell is made at our corporate headquarters in Swanton, Vermont. This gives us full control over the quality of the products you are purchasing. Often called laterals, the 5/16" plastic tubing is used to stretch from tree to tree, optimally connecting 1-5 taps together, and then entering a mainline.

Try to keep these lateral lines under 100 feet in length, with as much slope as possible. Remember "STRIVE FOR 5": 5 taps or less per line, and 5% slope or more.

wcproctor
12-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Just found this for someone (Millbrookmaple) http://www.farmingmagazine.com/article-7484.aspx