PDA

View Full Version : How to move my syrup!?!?

Southtowns27
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Just like the title says, I need some advice/help on moving some of my syrup. I have about 80 gallons left that just doesn't want to sell. It's all bottled up ready to go. I keep the local corner store stocked, but it's not a high volume outlet. I also have fliers up all over town advertising our stuff. We have a good reputation for making great syrup, and we get the same customers every year, we just need more of them.
So, I guess basically, I need marketing help. What does everyone do to find customers short of going door to door?

red maples
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Website, facebook usually good for a few gallons, well its late now as most are closed but farm stands, do you have any local CSA's, holiday craft fairs might be tough to get into now, depending on your insurance could you get into a bigger supermarket? maybe you could build a little display and that they might like to put up in their store. I think most require $2 mil ins policy, Do you have any specialty type things around winery or something like that I have mine in a winery, apples are done now its tough now because alot of the better places to get into are closed now. are there any winter farmers markets you could get into? Can't think of much else right now!

jasonl6
12-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Put it on special for the Christmas Season (sell it slightly above wholesale price). Least your not loosing anything that way

Jason

christopherh
12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Farmers markets, Gift shops have worked very well. I sell some out front in my own produce stand. Most people are honest, I've only been ripped of once. I'm making Christmas baskets now. I've even seen a personal display at a local supermarket selling syrup.

maple maniac65
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
80 gallons is a lot of syrup to have bottled up at once. I am guessing that you do not bulk your syrup and then bottle later when you know what your market is going to be. But then again having some syrup for next year is not a bad thing because who knows what the crop will be.

Sunday Rock Maple
12-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Perhaps for this year it'd be best to dump the containers into two 40 gallon drums. At $2.60 a pound that's about $2,200 and you can sell it right away -- even if you have to buy the drums you'd be way ahead and you would have them for next year.

meadster02
12-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Perhaps for this year it'd be best to dump the containers into two 40 gallon drums. At $2.60 a pound that's about $2,200 and you can sell it right away -- even if you have to buy the drums you'd be way ahead and you would have them for next year.

Hi just wondering where you selling your bulk syrup right now ive got some left im looking to move.