PDA

View Full Version : pricing

lastwoodsman
12-04-2011, 09:49 AM
What would be a fair price selling gallons to a cafe or retail business? I am in a major metro area of Minneapolis and Saint Paul and can command fairly high prices as compared to rural areas.

How to price by case lots and gallons. Wholesale.

I have been drumming up business for 2012. What kind of wholesale price do you figure on bottles 8 oz. and pints when selling 12 bottles at a time?
Woodsman

maple flats
12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
If I sold to outlets for resale (which I don't) I would likely give 20% discount from my normal retail.

tuckermtn
12-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I am 25% off of retail. They can mark it up however much they want.

red maples
12-05-2011, 09:48 AM
It depends what you can work out with them. I would start higher and see what you can negotiate. I have 2 smaller accounts and 1 is 10% and the other 15% now by small I am talking $200 worth of syrup based on $53 gallons with the usual % pricing structure per container. But I told them thats was what I wanted and if they can move more product then I will take more percentage off the retail. for me its a direct resale so they can price it how ever they want.

sk8heaven
12-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I am up here by Bemidji, MN and supply a couple of outlets.... my retail price in 8 or 12 oz bottles is $1 an ounce. When the local outlets buy by the case from me, I give 10% on a case of 12 or 15% on larger orders. I have seen where one place marks it back up to my normal retail price and others actually mark it up more. They still sell out right away..... I am more than happy to keep expanding every year :)