PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's McGriddle with Maple Syrup

OneLegJohn
12-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I heard a McDonald's commercial during the Buckeyes' game on the radio today. They advertised "Maple Syrup" baked right in. Just guessing here, there's no maple syrup in the McGriddle.

Now, I've seen my fair share of maple trader members being harrassed by other members (apparently "maple police") after some one asks, at best, an ambiguous question. Right after which, they get accused of illegal maple activity from behind a computer screen. Truly helpful. Because everyone knows, felons are going to join mapletrader to post their illegal maple activity.

Here is a real issue that degrades the value of pure maple syrup. Go figure. No "maple police" for a real issue. Excuse the sarcasm.

Dill
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Vt got them on their "fruit and maple oatmeal", if your in VT make sure to order one with "real" maple, they have to provide it at no extra cost. I've ordered a few just to make a point. I wish it was something that was enforcable nationwide. I also feel bad for the honey guys cause I'm willing to bet most "honey" flavored products don't have much real honey in them either.

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-04-2011, 06:21 AM
to my knowledge here in VT if it says "Maple Syrup" it has to be real. All MCDuds in VT are required to use real maple syrup in their food products

KenWP
12-04-2011, 09:04 AM
That or the food grade maple syrup issue will come up.Something like does Rotton Ronnies use food grade containers to serve the food in or is the gizmo to turn them over food grade.

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
That or the food grade maple syrup issue will come up.Something like does Rotton Ronnies use food grade containers to serve the food in or is the gizmo to turn them over food grade.
as long as all food products are stored in a recycled used 304 stainless steel oil drum that has been decond with palmolive soap and 409 then rinsed with tolenebenzyne.

nas
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Doesn't it need to be food before you need food grade containers?:evil::lol:

Rossell's Sugar Camp
12-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Could i request one with real maple in pa? or would they look at me funny?

shane hickey
12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
they would probably look at you funny like they do here and say what is that.

Rossell's Sugar Camp
12-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Would they be required by law to serve me a real one?

Bucket Head
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I don't think so. I think it's just a Vermont thing. Vermont police's/protects their "pure maple syrup" advertising and/or claims more than the other states.

Steve