PDA

View Full Version : amish pans

boondocker
11-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Does anyone on here run amish drop or raised pans from A&A metel shop in PA. if so could you post some pics of them, i may just get my back pan from them instead of trying to build my own drop flue. thanks in advance.......josh

11-25-2011, 05:13 PM
I think Gary has an evap from them he has a thread about somewhere in evaporator section

killingworthmaple
11-25-2011, 07:29 PM
I have boiled on a 2x6, boiled very well they put some nice featues in there pans. Boils so hard they have a splash guard and it was needed. Email me direct and I will send pictures.
Nathan
nthhea@aol.com

boondocker
11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
your link to your email wont work. my email is backridgesugarhouse@gmail.com thanks again........ I did do a little research on them and i found alot of it on the trader, but i was not aware that they where soldered and not tigged. maybe they would build the pan and i can tig it. but for the price i think it would be worth them building it for me rather than try to build a bender and then build my own. josh

markct
11-26-2011, 08:20 PM
keep in mind that it is different designs usualy for welded pans vs soldered pans, not as easy as just welding instead of using solder on the same pieces

Gary R
11-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Here's a link to my thread. There should be some evaporator pictures near the end of the thread.

V\http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?13975-Antler-Acres-Sugarhouse-construction

Markct is right. I asked Atlee if he could make pans that I could have welded. He did not want to do it. The joints are different and you may not be able to get a welder to some areas. I'm very happy with the quality verses value of this rig. I originally wanted to build some of it. I couldn't do it for the price he is selling them for.

Sugarmaker
11-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Some pictures of older A&A front pan on our 3 x 10 King in our pictures section of our web page. Atlee was not sure if he built the rear pan. I think he did. Mine may be 20 years old? They were old and needed work when I bought them. I have made 1500 gallons of syrup on them. I have seem some of his work recently and would not be afraid to get a set of his pans. Good solid construction, at a reasonable price for soldered stainless pans.
Regards,
Chris

bismarckmaple
12-17-2011, 06:35 AM
i have a 2x6 from A&A, it is a well made evaporator

Airstreamnut
12-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Anyone have the info on where A&A Metal is located, point of contact information. I too am looking to get a new back pan for my 2x6 with either a raised or drop flue.. I'm here in central NY but travel through PA often. Thanks!

heus
12-17-2011, 11:09 AM
464 Collins Hill Rd
Ulysses, PA 16948