PDA

View Full Version : Old Timers

Rossell's Sugar Camp
11-22-2011, 10:00 PM
An old farmer here has predicted the winter in number of big snow falls for the last 18 years correctly. He watches the weather patterns in august. He told me the trick is a secret. But this year we will get 15 nice sized snows! last year was 9! And 2010 "Snowmagedon" was 19 snows. This tells me to hunker down. We already got one of them october. So only 14 more big snow falls guys.

What kind of tricks do you other traders know? Or what do old timers tell you?

oneoldsap
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM
I can't tell you how many storms we will get , but here in Vermont the amount of rainfall in August is a pretty good indicater . If August is dry , we'll get normal snow amounts , if it's wet we won't get much snow . I wish I could predict the number storms , I'm in the plowing business . August was dry again this year , and LaNina still going on . I hope we get the snow we got last winter , I plowed my bare ground accounts 21 times . We had been averaging 9 for the past few years .

Rossell's Sugar Camp
11-29-2011, 06:31 PM
If your weather and our weather is simular it looks good for you in vermont.

Homestead Maple
12-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey Russ, when I used to ask an old timer around here what kind of winter we were going to get, he used to say, "ask me in May"!

Rossell's Sugar Camp
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Here he tells me ask me in september.