PDA

View Full Version : Shipping 5 gallon jugs?

Dill
11-19-2011, 07:55 AM
I've tried the search but couldn't find anything. I know we've talked about it. I have a buddy with a resturant out in CO, that wants to start buying in bulk. He's paying 60-70 a gallon out there. So who do I ship it through, where do I find a box to fit it? Appor. how much will it cost?
Thanks

red maples
11-19-2011, 09:32 AM
UPS ground use the blue plastic or the metal epoxy lined with the little seal cap under the screw cap, and no need for a box. they will ship it as is. I think they will ship up 150# if I am correct. You can also give bascom's a call or or PM sam at bascoms I belive he is "sbascom" on here. just ask him who they use and how much it would cost. check out the ups website you can usually get a price for that distance on there as well combined with weight there is a littel form you can use.

just checked Rough estimate for ground is about $65 the next one up is 3 day select and is $175. so that work out to $11 a gallon to ship ups ground . going rate for syrup I believe is $35-38 a gallon bulk depending on what you charge its $46-$50 gallon no including the cost of the container. good luck you can check usps and fed ex see what they say maybe too heavy for usps?? but from past experince ups is cheaper than fed ex.

Dill
11-21-2011, 09:37 AM
That was one thing I was wondering, no box? That could get sticky.

DaveB
11-21-2011, 12:52 PM
We shipped these regularly and you can ship them via UPS and the post office. I've actually found the post office to have the best rate. Just make sure that you get delivery confirmation. We put a shipping label that has the ship to and a return address along with various syrup related labels and have never had a problem. The two I like to make sure that are on there is a label on it which says "Maple Syrup" and "Refrigerate after Opening"

Hope that helps.

paul
11-23-2011, 07:57 AM
If you check out Uline, they sell a 5gal container with a lid and the box to put it in. UPS is the way to go. usps insurance sucks, it take 6 months to get your money on a claim.. check out UPS quick calulate put in the zipcodes and lb. which should be about 58lbs and get shipping cost.

Dill
12-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Finally got around to shipping out this jug. Just took it to the post office, they'll ship up to 70 lbs, it was 68.2. They wanted me to write the address with a sharpie right on the jug but other than that simple.
Thanks for the help. Oh and it was 62 dollars to ship to CO>