PDA

View Full Version : a joke for the traders.

mountainvan
02-27-2006, 07:32 PM
so..... there's 3 sugarers collecting sap in the woods. 1 is from NY, 1 is from NH, and 1 is from vermont. as each is collecting in their different states, they all find a dead fat squirrel floating in a bucket full of sweet sweet sap. the NY sugarer throws the squirrel and the sap to the ground, gets some bleach to clean the bucket, triple rinses, and then rehangs the bucket on the spile. the NH sugarer takes the squirrel out of the bucket, looks around to see if anyone was near, throws the dead fat squirrel in the woods, pours the squirrel sap into his collection tank, and then rehangs the bucket. the sugarer from Vermont takes the dead fat squirrel out of the sap, looks to see that no one is watching, SQUEEZES ever last drop of that sweet sweet sap out of the dead fat squirrel back into the bucket, pours the extra squirrelly sap into the collection tank, and rehangs the bucket. Later in the year, he wins best in show for his "extra" light syrup at his local fair!!! take care, take pride in your work and your syrup, and enjoy the best office in the world, your saphouse!!! be back in awhile.

Sugarmaker
02-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Great,
I heard Brad Gillian (SP?) (of leader) Tell this and the crowd groaned and roared!
Chris

MaineMapleDave
02-28-2006, 08:59 AM
so..... there's 3 sugarers collecting sap in the woods. 1 is from NY, 1 is from NH, and 1 is from vermont......

You forgot the one from Maine!!

This cracked me up, and brought back some painful memories from my own squirrel experience.........

http://www.mapletrader.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=725&highlight=&sid=f23acefd6b505eb8eda14ca089e0405f