PDA

View Full Version : CT Syrup Pricing

Littlesap
11-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Hey guys,

I looked around the 'business side of things' thread for retail pricing info but wanted to poll the CT sugarmakers. We are going to to sell retail for the very first time and am trying to decide on pricing for my 12 oz glass bottles. Syrup is excellent (it all is right?), clear glass jug style oval bottles with custom labels front and rear. My wife is selling it at a PTA event where our kids go to school and when I couldn't come up with a good pricing estimate she said: "why don't you go ask your crazy maple friends on that website". Thinking either $10 or $12, any ideas out there?

Maplewalnut
11-11-2011, 08:21 AM
You'll find a wide range of pricing on this site and its the old saying.... supply and demand. Seems like you are just outside of the traditional New England syrup belt and probably are not influenced by Amish either. Definitely in the right ballpark, $10 however will probably generate more curious sales until you establish a following

ctjim
11-11-2011, 03:46 PM
littlesap with that pricing you're just about right i'd say, for our neck of the woods. i sell 12oz glass "droplocks" w/ my custom label for $10 and my 8oz version for $8. when i was trying to figure out my pricing i had my wife give me a hand since she has a business degree. we went around to a few local producers, farmers markets, and some stores and comparison shopped then did alot of calculations and we came up with a price list thats about right down the middle for our area, but this upcoming season i will be raising the price a bit but only for a full gallon jug as my price was way too low at $40/gal. good luck.

delta757and767pilot
01-16-2012, 05:06 PM
I am trying to get 12 this year.

Jec
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm getting $10 for 12 oz.

delta757and767pilot
01-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Im getting $12 for a 12 oz

Tanta K
01-22-2012, 06:33 AM
You have to know your market and we only sell as a fundraiser for the park in little 1/2 pint bottles (we don't make much) and find that the $7 for the 1/2 pint is just about what folk are willing to spend for a "Take-a-Way" after the workshops are over.