PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 x 6 Grimm Arch Photos

sherwoodm
11-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Hello,
Recently I advertised for a 2 x 6 arch or front and doors to build one. I got really lucky and found two, a 2 x 5 Leader and a beautiful complete front from a G. H. Grimm. The Grimm came with 7 good grates and the cast piece that goes under the stack and as the leader has cracks in the doors and no grates I have decided to rebuild the Grimm. I have been searching the web for good photos of the Grimm with no success. I would like my finished product to look as close to original as possible and would be grateful if someone could direct me to photos or email photos of a 2 ft wide Grimm. Thanks much,
Sherwood

THCPrecision
11-10-2011, 08:34 PM
If I can get an email I can send some pics of a 2X4 Grimm arch not sure if these will make it thru. This was a rig I had a few years ago and put a 2x4 syrup pan on to get by a season. some one did re-tin the arch before I got it but I think the geometry was pretty close. Hope this helps48194820482148224823

sherwoodm
11-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Hi, your photos came through fine and were a huge help. Good luck with your new rig and expanded operation this year. We are going from a 2 x 4 flat pan with a preheater pan last year to a set of 2 x 6 leader pans on the arch I will rebuild. At 70 years old I finally caught the sugaring disease. Thanks again,
Sherwood

maple maniac65
11-11-2011, 06:05 AM
You are never to old to enjoy tapping. Hence my license plate ILV2TAP