PDA

View Full Version : 48 for Wed.

Packerfan
02-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Started tapping today. Hope to have 200 in by Wed. Predicted high of 48!

markcasper
02-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Well.....not tapping here yet. I am being forced to work quite a bit of OT at work this week and has really got me frazzled. Real depressing! Luckily, its only supppossed to be 40 here on tuesday and then low 30's for highs the rest of the week with good chances for rain, snow, freezing rain etc...May start tapping this weekend, but will see. Today calls for getting the vacuum pumps tweeked and finish connecting some dry line that I laid down, all of my tubing has been checked and repaired if needed.

Bought a 500 gallon Zero tank on Saturday. My brother went to the auction which was just outside of town and scooped it up for me. Will leave there until May as i really have no use for it at this time.

Hope all of you down south and back east are getting lots of sap. We had below zero temps. the morning before last, so it'd have to be sunny and 40's for a few days to get them thawed out enough to run. Its down to days now before starting, rather than weeks. Mark

Brad W Wi
02-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm putting taps out today. The weather down hear is finally starting to change. Mark Casper I'm sure your chomping at the bit.

Packerfan
02-27-2006, 07:06 PM
It was just teasing me today. I love it when it starts to "dribble" when you tap. Come on 40's!!!!!!!! I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

markcasper
02-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Brad, you mena your tapping down south , right??

My sample trees which were tapped 1-25-06 were barely dribbling, not a whole lot....the nights have been pretty cold, between 10-15.

Yes, i am chomping at the bit, hopefully this overtime thing doesn't last past this week, it really puts a cabosh to your plans. I'm sure there won't be much sap until the nights are warmer.

Get this.....the weather channel has forecasted highs here in the 40's for March 4, 5, and 6. The accuwether has forecasted them of 21,24, and 34. Now which one do you believe????????????? Or are they both wrong and it will be in the 50's??? Mark

Brad W Wi
02-28-2006, 04:52 AM
Mark, yes I'm down in Cedarburg. I tapped monday Feb 27. Got some running out the ones out in the sun. But after wed. the weather is supposed to warm up. The weatherman can't be wrong can they?????
Brad bradw_wi@yahoo.com

sweetwoodmaple
02-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Yeah, Mark, this "day job" thing can really be a pain.

I'm dealing with the same thing, just can't seem to get away.

Hang in there, this is suppose to be a enjoyable! :wink:

markcasper
02-28-2006, 12:47 PM
The thing that makes it bad is that the other person on the opposite shift is playing games again. Says he got hurt a few weeks back lifting a dock plate up, then i heard he was working a different job on the nights that i was working. How long would that last???? Its all a matter of timing, and hopefully they get someone else to fill in soon.

Yes the weather people are wrong more than not. They said yesterday it was gonna be sunny today...its cloudy now. Mark

Tomten
02-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Temps here just north of Green Bay haven't been above freezing for at least two weeks...Long ter looks like tems just hovering around freezing with nites in the teens...I thinking at least another week to tap around the 10th maybe. Good luck!

Sky VanRossum

markcasper
03-01-2006, 06:02 AM
I'm about 60 miles east of minneapolis/st. paul. The temps have been mainly in the teens the last few nights, but onnly 28 this morning and suppossed to rain today, then get colder over the weekend. Next week several tv weathers are calling for highs around 40 every day. I will most likely be at tapping by this weeekend. Do the south sloped valleys first and see how it goes. Mark