PDA

View Full Version : Juggs for sap

hitnspit
11-07-2011, 06:22 AM
I was given 3, 15 or 20 gallon juggs. Was told they would be good to hold sap. My question is they were use for tit-dip. A tag on the jug says "curosive". With a good washing would they be good to use? Thank you all........

jasonl6
11-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Plastic is porous so you would have a hard time completely removing the tit-dip by simply washing them.

Jason

waysidemaple
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM
We have tons of these laying around but I haven't used them because of the "curosive" thing. I have been tempted but I think the risks out weigh the benefits.

Scott

maple maniac65
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
30 years ago a sugar maker was also a farmer. They used whatever to haul sap and store syrup. No one ever sued the farmer. In todays world sueing someone is second nature. They look at you sugaring business in awe and want what you have just by sitting on the couch. Teat dip continers have iodine in them. Iodine does not boil out of maple syrup. All traces that are in the sap when put in these containers will be left in your maple syrup.
I for one do not wish to see sugarhouses regulated by a state inspector but sugarmakers are going to become their own worst enemy.