PDA

View Full Version : Wet Dry Laterials

Brian Ryther
11-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Started to put up the dry system over the old wet lines.

Thad Blaisdell
11-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow..... you are going to have double the lat lines in the woods. Twice as many lines to fix and twice as many leaks.. You had better make close to a gallon per tap. Because if you would have put that tubing in another woods you could have made .5 gpt in that woods too.

Good Luck

rchase
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
i guess i dont understand whats happening in that pic. running dry lateral line?

jasonl6
11-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Using one of the old vented lamb 7/16" fittings and running a wet/dry line to the taps. This allows complete vac transfer to the tap instead of the slug. If anyone is looking for some of these fittings i have hundreds avail, they are used but would be fine to use with the leader check valves.

Jason

Brian Ryther
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Thad,
The woods I am doing this experement in is some of my oldest tubing. Most of the lines are 100' long with "Y's" and 10+ taps per laterial. I typically get 20+ gallons of sap per tap from these lines but I want 30+ gallos of sap per tap. Because the orignal installation was done so poorly I feel that I will gain more than the 18% Dr perkins gained from his treatments. I also see a lot problems with this type of instalation and do not feel that it will be the industry standard in the future, but it will be fun to see it work.

Thad Blaisdell
11-08-2011, 03:58 AM
This does sound like a very neat experiment. Just way too much work involved.