PDA

View Full Version : bascoms

steam maker
11-02-2011, 05:41 PM
so im real impressed on the new syrup buying rules. so much for the little guy not gettin screwed.. 5 cents off per pound in 5 gallon jugs doesnt sound like much but where does it stop...... maybe bruce should cut his prices on new equipment that all the smaller guys buy.... maybe im just gettin worked up over nothin but i had to vent:lol:

markct
11-02-2011, 06:10 PM
well it realy dont think its so bad, i mean $2.75 for the hassle of pouring out and cleaning all the small jugs doesnt seem like a unreasonable solution to me, im kinda glad they went this route instead of just not buying in less than barrel sizes like some bulk buyers do. i mean lets face it the guy with 6 blue 5 gal containers they gota pour out and clean takes alot more labor and time for bascom than the guy with one 30 gal drum they just exchange the barrel for him and put the full drum in the warehouse. just like how we get more per volume selling syrup in small bottles than large! same concept just other side of the fence!

802maple
11-03-2011, 04:25 AM
I agree with Mark, when I was buying for Maple Grove, sometimes producers would come in with 30 and even up to 50 five gallon containers. 50 was equal to 6 or 7 drums depending on the size, but getting all those small containers, would take us as long as it would take to do a tractor trailer load of drums. Meanwhile when it was busy, other producers would end up waiting for hours sometimes just to get their syrup graded and weighed, especially if there were a couple producers with 5's.