PDA

View Full Version : Air over fire for a 5x14

Parker
11-02-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi everyone- I am going to be rebuilding a friends arch and I cant find the air over fire thread I was reading last year....Are there people out there that have done this and have practial knowladge about what works and what the key points are. I have the cornell paper. Any input greatly appriciated! A spacific question I have is where do I point the air nozzels on the top of the ramp. and at what height the nozzels are placed on the ramp. We have a 2 hp peerless blower to work with. Thanks, Parker

Flat Lander Sugaring
11-02-2011, 05:44 AM
you want a high pressure blower not high volume. i think it like 80/20 over, 1/4 size of nozzles, 6" down from rails pointed at a 10 deg angle downwards, nozzles at ramp not sure of. yes there were many good articles on it but once tommy two thumbs started reconfiguring the site it seems like a lot of articles were lost:(

make a hot air chamber after the end of flue pan before the stack take all that hot exhaust gases and use them to make your AAOTFP air hot before injecting into fire box. It will cool your stack down which I like

nymapleguy607
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I think you would want to use 2 sets of nozzles around the sides for that size arch. I would put the ones at the back of the ramp coming out straight

mapleack
11-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Parker, heres the thread : http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?9364-Air-over-fire

Parker
11-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Is the Perless blower not high pressure? Kinda looks like it is to me but I am definatly not an expert..Thanks, Parker

RileySugarbush
11-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Is the Perless blower not high pressure? Kinda looks like it is to me but I am definatly not an expert..Thanks, Parker
Do you have a model number on the blower? I looked at the Peerless site and they do have some very nice high pressure blowers.