PDA

View Full Version : Sap puller 100e

PARKER MAPLE
10-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Last spring I was at the leader open house, And there was a guy with this sap puller 100e. Dose anybody no anything about it, or where a could call and talk to someone about purchasing it? I think it would be great for a small time sugar maker like myself. Very inexpensive and can be run of 12v batteries, They clamed it would do 20in of vacuum 1200ft up the main line, dont no first hand but would like to look into it.

MAple Rookie

PARKER MAPLE
10-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Im sorry it was the Lapierre open house

maple flats
10-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I believe Glen Goodrich sells sap pullers. Don't know if you talked to him or someone else. Might be worth a shot. google Goodrich maple Farm. Glen is a Lapierre dealer, and many other mfgrs.

briansickler
10-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes, Goodrich Maple has them. I looked at them a last years maple conference at Verona, Ny. There is also a gas version, powered by Honda engine. They are a double diaphram type pump...no releaser needed. Here's the link.

Brian

http://www.goodrichmaplefarm.com/maple-producers-equipment/sap-puller-pump-electric.html

PARKER MAPLE
10-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Hey Thanks, has anybody tryed these yet

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-29-2011, 07:45 AM
i want to really bad

PARKER MAPLE
10-29-2011, 04:09 PM
I think it would work well with check valves also. Im going to look into it on monday

Brent
11-04-2011, 12:24 PM
I used a peristaltic pump one year. Like the diaphram pumps you need to baby them a bit. They are alergic to ice so the system
must be thawed completely before turning them on. With the peristaltic pump I got vacuum into the high teens. Both styles do not require an extractor. Both the vac and the sap go through the pump and dump straight into your open air tank.

HHM-07
11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi Folks
I have a 4 unit diaphram sap uller, they were sold by leader and made by someone up in craftsbury vt. I t works good , only problem is freezing. If i think it is going to freeze at nite i disconnect the in pipe and tip the pump up to drain, you can not turn them on until they are all thawed out unless you want to replace the rubber diaphram, they are 17.oo each and about 30 mins to replace. It gives me 15-18 lbs and helps alot. I have 250 taps, for a small producer they are ideal.

Dick

wkies
11-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Can someone explain real simpley how this works. Someone recommended it for my operation. Currently have 115 on gravity tubing

Flat Lander Sugaring
11-09-2011, 04:55 AM
wonder if there is a way to put a screen inline before the pump in the sunlight to where it would catch the ice and hold it until it melts. That way you dont have to wait until system thaws.

found one
http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irrigation-products-and-supplies/drip-irrigation/water-source-connections/dd-hif75