PDA

View Full Version : new ohio state manual

John Burton
02-25-2006, 02:00 PM
A while back I thought I had heard that there was a newer edition of the north amrican maple syrup manual comming out. Was this a rumor?I was looking forward to reading about newer tapping guidelines with smaller spouts,sleeves etc... anyone heard anything.

forester1
02-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I think the latest date is it is supposed to be out April 15th. There were delays due to updates and writing about new technology.

tmccrumm
03-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Yes, April 15th, 2006 was the date, though now it looks to be a bit later.....but soon. A LOT of maple people have worked very long and hard on this revision. We have met a number of times at the annual NAMSC meeting, and have gone over each chapter numerous times. There is much new technology and techniques to review, and the manual is being written by many different authors. It takes some serious editing time to make everyone's writing style to be consistant with the other chapters. This is an all voulnteer effort, be patient. Believe me, when its finished, it will be a very imprressive, complete manual. Full color, more photos, waterproof paper, etc. - Tom (Chapter 9 author)

Russell Lampron
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Tmccrumm when the new manual is available please post it this web site. I'm sure everyone on here will want a copy.

Russ

sweetwoodmaple
03-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Yes, we are all information junkies. :wink: