PDA

View Full Version : sorry for cold weather

mountainvan
02-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Yep the deep freeze is all my fault. Asked for cold weather till after I get fixed again. sorry!!

maple flats
02-25-2006, 12:55 PM
So you asked for it? Well I am using the time to make improvements. I wondered who asked for the cold, you must have more pull than me. I asked for overnight low's of 25 and daytime highs of 42 with a daytime high of 28 every fourth day do get caught up, maybe my request was just too complex so he sent your's.

Russell Lampron
02-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Who's complaining? This cold weather has set things up so that when the real sugaring season gets here it should be more like normal. We now have frost in the ground and a little snow cover to give the trees some moisture and make the sugaring season last longer.

Russ

mountainvan
02-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I was all excited with such a great start and then cold, alittle frustrating. I need to make syrup, almost sold out and don't like buying syrup during sugaring season.

MASSEY JACK
02-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks Mountainvan,
I needed the cold to get caught up. I must admit...I was asking for the cold too.

Ed K
02-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Well it certainly is cold, I tried to roll out some 5/16 lines this morning and the tees started breaking. I may just wash them this spring and leave them up. Its getting hard to take down, wash, put in barrels and put back out in spring. I used marker's to know where each line goes, but the sun and rain fixed that :roll: .