PDA

View Full Version : maplewrks

802maple
10-20-2011, 01:43 PM
For those that didn't know it, Mike had a artificial hip installed this last Monday. He is taking the pressure off me with the price of titanium up, of course if we are together we might be both scrapped with all the people out there stealing copper and other exotic metals. If they find out how much titanium is in the both of us, we better watch out. Break that new hip in right Mike, and you will be out stretching tubing in no time flat. I will be down to see you soon.

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
can i have his taps this coming year, I hear it takes a LOOOOOOOOOONG time for hips to heal:):)hehe
get better mike hop on that go ped

tuckermtn
10-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Mike will be pulling tubing in no time. My not yet 50 year old wife had double hip replacement in late August and is now back at work full time and cruch-less. Pretty amazing what they do these days....

She is way hipper than I will ever be. Even planning on being back telemark skiing this winter....

Get well soon Mike...

Amber Gold
10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Mike, Hope you're back in commission for maple season.

maplwrks
10-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Many thanks for the well wishes guys. I am having the wife and kids bring all of my releasers up to my back porch for a good fine tuning and lubrication. I'm not sure how long I can milk that job out, maybe a couple of afternoons at best. I am already feeling like a caged rat, so I may need to make a trip for some supplies to put together a bunch of drops. I did see one of the local junkies driving around town today, so I locked the doors!!

PapaSmiff
10-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Get plenty of rest, Mike. You'll be on your feet for long hours in a few months. It's just around the corner, now.

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I did see one of the local junkies driving around town today, so I locked the doors!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO leave door open you hide in dark corner and happen to have your shotgun with you cause your cleaning it. when he come through the door you get scared cause you just had surgery and cant move well so you have to do the inevitable chung ching BOOOOOM

KenWP
10-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Buddy of mine was 85 and had his hip replaced.First time in a hospital for him in his entire life. He never took a painkiller the whole time and was out and about in a week or so.

heus
10-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Word of advice: do not try to do more than the doctor tells you that you can do. I have an aquaintance that has had a nightmare scenario with 4 hip replacements now.