PDA

View Full Version : High Temperature Paint

xyz5150
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Just about ready to paint my arch any good brands of paint that last and will put up with the heat. I used rustoleum high temp last year and there was quite a bit of rust on my arch after 1 season.

HHM-07
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I did mine with high heat paint that i got from an auto parts store, eems to be holding up well.
Dick

smokeyamber
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Used cheap barbeque paint... seemed to hold up well though. I also repaint at season's end before storing my setup.

red maples
10-18-2011, 01:19 PM
I picked up some RUTLAND high heat paint says its good to 1200* F I did my wood stove top and it looks slick!!! I am gonna do my arch front with it too. I only burned it twice on some chilly mornings we had so I dunno how durable it is but if this stuff but if it holds up on my arch after a season its pretty good.

lastwoodsman
10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
I used Rust-o-leum high Temp paint and it holds up extremely well on the arch and in the Sauna.
Woodsman

batsofbedlam
10-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Try this.
Trouble Viewing This Email? Click Here To View It In Your Browser

RustSeal | Prep Products | Tank Sealers | Hi-Temp | Topcoats | Motor Coater
October 2011
10% OFF ENTIRE PURCHASE
COUPON CODE

HI-TEMP - NOW IN AEROSOLS
High Temperature - Heat Resistant Coating

KBS Hi-Temp is a high temperature/heat resistant coating formulated specifically to protect metal surfaces operating at temperatures from 500° F to 1500° F.

Available in 6 great colors: Jet Black, a deep rich black finish, Cast Iron Grey, matches that original bare cast iron finish, Charcoal Metallic, Aluminum, rich in aluminum pigments, Flame Blue & Off-White.

Features:
*Withstands Continuous Temperature of Up to 1500°F (812°C)

*Outstanding Heat and Weathering Resistance

*Will Not Peel, Flake, or Chalk

*Long Lasting

*Dries to Touch in 15 mins

*Resistant to Scratching & Marring

*Reduces Underhood Temperatures & Reduces Exhaust Manifold Surface Temperatures

*Improve Exhaust Gas Velocity Which Increases Horse Power

*Can Be Brushed or Sprayed

*Resists Rust

+CHECK OUT KBS HI-TEMP

+CHECK OUT KBS HI-TEMP
TANK SEALER: Rust Has Met Its Match!
Forms a super-tough, fuel and alcohol impervious coating, while simultaneously sealing small pinholes & weld seams.

Used by professionals worldwide, Gold Standard Tank Sealer is a superior, one part, ready-to-use tank sealer that is specifically formulated to stop rust and corrosion. When used in combination with AquaKlean and RustBlast, it will form a super-tough, fuel and alcohol impervious coating, while simultaneously sealing small pinholes and weld seams.

Gold Standard may be used on steel, aluminum, and fiberglass tanks. Applications include fuel tanks, diesel tanks, oil tanks, utility tanks and non-potable water tanks. It's been rated as the industry's NEW Gold Standard in gas tank sealers.

+CHECK OUT KBS TANK SEALER
Comments about KBS Hi-Temp
"I used this product on a set of headers on my 70' Chevelle. The previous coating was flaking and missing completely in some places. I had them sandblasted as suggesed in the instructions and simply painted the coating on with a brush, using two coats. About 2 weeks later I was ready to install them back on the car. Ran through a couple of heat cycles to cure the coating, and the coating looks great I really think it will hold up. Really pleased with the results!"

Todd from Slidell, IA

Comments about KBS Hi-Temp
"I bought the Hi Temp spray in Cast Iron Gray for re-finishing a set of exhaust manifolds. The product performed as anticipated,beautiful color. If applied per instructions, it goes down without any issues at all."

Mister Ram from Marietta, GA

+SEE WHAT ELSE PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT KBS COATINGS
KBS COATINGS INVADES SEMA SHOW 2011

KBS Coatings innovative rust preventive paints and restoration products invade SEMA Show 2011, with our comprehensive line of gas tank sealers, engine enamels, rust paints, clear coat paints, and more. All products will be on display and KBS representatives will be on hand to answer any technical, wholesale, or distribution questions you may have. Please make it a priority during your SEMA Show visit to stop by and introduce yourself to our staff and experience for yourself the amazing difference that innovation and superior formulation can make on automotive restoration.

Nov. 1-4, 2011
Las Vegas Convention Center
North Hall
Collision, Repair & Refinish
Spot #11053
+EMAIL US TO TELL US WE WILL SEE YOU THERE
FOLLOW KBS COATINGS ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

ALL NEW 2011 FREE COLOR CATALOG

As always, if you are not convinced our KBS products are superior to whatever brand you have been using, we will refund your money!
Try KBS COATINGS TODAY!!

+GET YOUR 2011 FULL COLOR KBS COATINGS CATALOG

WANT TO SEE THE CATALOG RIGHT NOW?
Click HERE to download the pdf version of the KBS Catalog.
(24MB. Please be patient. It will be worth the wait.)

KBS Coatings - Rust Stops Here | support@kbs-coatings.com | www.KBS-COATINGS.com
Mailing Address: 1101 Cumberland Xing #180 | Valparaiso, IN 46383
1-877-548-9323

nace
10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
has anyone ever tried gunblueing ?