PDA

View Full Version : Trader Rules

Greenwich Maple Man
10-10-2011, 08:16 PM
After being an acitve "poster" on the thread of the condition of this country, I have to admit to having broken one of the rules on this forum under paragraph 5 of the rules of posting on the Mapletrader. It is very specific on certain topics that are not to be discussed. Some of these I have never seen on here, others I have. One rule is that there will be no discussing of politics. It is a topic that very few people can agree on. In the end nobody "wins or loses". Everybody just disagrees. Therefore, I will not be posting anymore in relation to politcs nor should anybody else as it is a direct breach of the rule of this forum.

Haynes Forest Products
10-10-2011, 10:55 PM
I will also agree to stay off any political threads.

lew
10-11-2011, 05:23 AM
I also concur.

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-11-2011, 05:37 AM
thanks I wont either how about religion though hehehe no I wont hehehe:lol:

DrTimPerkins
10-11-2011, 06:30 AM
I also concur.

Sounds good to me.

cvmaple
10-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Thanks, I thought everybody was getting a little hot on here. Now if we can just stop the drive-by character assassinations. lol.

red maples
10-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Agreed

Politcs are what is in the news and weigh very heavily in our lives right now and some people are very passionate about it. Sometimes you just need to vent but keeping it maple is the best thing here!!!

sometimes politics go hand in hand with what we do. When the FDA wants to pass a law/ bill that we don't agree with.(which did happened this past year) These are usually things we all agree with or disagree with because there is a posibility it could directly effect all of us and they are a apart of Agriculture.

I was thinking about it more I guess that is a little different that party VS party etc.

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Agreed

Politcs are what is in the news and weigh very heavily in our lives right now and some people are very passionate about it. Sometimes you just need to vent but keeping it maple is the best thing here!!!

sometimes politics go hand in hand with what we do. When the FDA wants to pass a law/ bill that we don't agree with.(which did happened this past year) These are usually things we all agree with or disagree with because there is a posibility it could directly effect all of us and they are a apart of Agriculture.

I was thinking about it more I guess that is a little different that party VS party etc.

politics that affect us as a organization most deffinately but like me ranting about certain factions should stop and I will honor it.

red maples
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
yep thats what I was getting at in alot of words. Its hard to not get sucked into the rants now and again.

SevenCreeksSap
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I haven't been been on this site for very long compared to most of you but one of the things I appreciate about it is that most seem to be very decent and helpful regarding Maple, which is what this is all about. Although I may agree with a lot of you about the politics and probably disagree with as many, I think this is a good thread as a reminder. I have thought about posting my own comments but decided against it. I also get on some fishing forums and they get almost viscious (sp?)(vi-shes) with each other. You all have really helped me with my maple problem and I agree that it should be kept to that.

Yes I'll admit it, my name is Tom and I have a Maple problem.

Russell Lampron
10-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Yes I'll admit it, my name is Tom and I have a Maple problem.

I looked in your signature and I don't see that you have a problem at all. It looks like you are expanding your operation quite nicely.

Maplehobbyist
10-11-2011, 08:27 PM
If it's against trader rules, then so be it. But I disagree that there should be no political discussion.

If we, though we come from different walks of life, live in different parts of this country and others, have different backgrounds, believe different things, and have different socioeconomic situations, who are bound together by our feelings for this thing called syrup, can't find a way to discuss political things in a reasonable manner, what hope is there for people who have even less than that in common? If no political discussion is the solution, then "they" have won. And by "they", I mean anybody who holds an extreme position on either end of the political spectrum. When there is no discussion, there can be no common ground; with no common ground, there can be no compromise; with no compromise, there are only extreme positions.

lew
10-12-2011, 05:12 AM
maplehobbyist,

I completely agree. there needs to be more discussion, much more, not less. It's just that there is a time and a place for everything. Maple trader is a place to discuss maple. A different forum is needed to get into heady debates on capital punishment, right to life, taxes, etc. Not that I don't mind debating these issues, I rather enjoy it, but I don't believe this is the place. Although you do bring up a valid point about people who share the same interests discussing such issues. Joining a political blog would be uncomfortable for me because I don't come from the same background as many there would (like you mentioned). Perhaps a new area could be added into the trader called "Politics". I'm not real sure about that though, just a rambling thought.

Maplehobbyist
10-12-2011, 05:21 PM
The Sugar Inn-
A place for community members to gather, introduce themselves, welcome new members and for "off-topic conversations".

It there is a place on this forum, we seem to have found it.

802maple
10-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Agreed

If no politics is the game then so be it, no problem here. But if we are going to just comment on politics that effect us then that is a very hard line to draw in the sugar sand. As far as I am concerned anything that is done politically effects us in some way.