PDA

View Full Version : glass galon jugs

bison1973
10-10-2011, 09:33 AM
anyone know where you can buy glass gallon jugs locally? roth's does not sell them and shipping them to me from out of stae is really expensive.

Tim

Potters3
10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I have used 1/2 gallon Mason jars in the past. Not sure if they make 1 gallon, I get them thru my local hardware store.

BobU
10-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Pretty sure that Anderson's in Luck WI sells the glass gallon jugs.
Looked at them last year I think about $10.00 for a case of four.
Check it out, now that you reminded me I'm going to look again myself.

jfroe939
10-13-2011, 04:07 AM
If you're looking for a place that sells them, try WB Bottle in Milwaukee.
http://www.wbbottle.com/WBBottle.cfm?section=product&page=gallery&category=glass&style=Handled_Jugs

They sell glass quart decanters and glass syrup jugs like the 'big guys' sell.
The price is pretty much the same as you'd find at Roth's or Anderson's. They'll ship them or you can pick them up in person. They have a minimum order value amount of $100 of items or else they charge a small order fee if under that. The only thing you might want to do is still get your caps from a big producer as the big producers are more familiar with caps that seal best for syrup. In the event you like to give gallons of syrup to friends and family, they also sell dairy style jugs (milk jugs) in packages of 48-count. I've done business with them before. Nice place about 10 minutes south of I-94 off Holt Ave. They're used to dealing with companies that back up with a semi, but they're more than accomodating for the smaller Joe. Ask for Wanda Morrison- as she's the salesperson that deals with small containers. You can retrieve the ID # of the product you're interested in off the website prior to calling an order in or getting a quote. Tell her Jason from Sun Prairie sent you and maybe I'll get some kind of deal next time I show up. :)
WB probably isn't any cheaper than where you're finding your glass now, but they've got whatever you need or can think of and then some. Scan through their picture gallery for ideas. Hopefully this helps somebody. jf