PDA

View Full Version : hand pump or electric on filter press

adkrover
10-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I am looking to purchase a small filter press and wondering if anyone has experience with the hand pump vs electric pump. I'm guessing the electric is fast and easier but is it worth the extra $$$.

Thanks.

BryanEx
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
It would really depend on your volume. How many gallons of finished syrup are you looking at processing each season?

DrTimPerkins
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I am looking to purchase a small filter press and wondering if anyone has experience with the hand pump vs electric pump. I'm guessing the electric is fast and easier but is it worth the extra $$$.

We have a small hand-operated filter press....I think it is a 5" press, with a hand-pump. We used it only for testing a couple of times. Willing to sell if the price is right.

maple maniac65
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
I bought a hand filter press once and used it a couple of times and then went out and bought a short bank electric one. The first time I used the hand pump I broke the plastic ring that holds the handle. I guess you cant force that syrup through.

BryanEx
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Daryl sells new ones for $750. I would be interested in the $500 range for a used one but in all honesty I think you could do better with the larger hobby producers. List it here and on Sugarbush.Info for 600 bucks and see if you get any takers. I'm willing to bet you do.

- Bryan Ex