PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Ontario Tour - Oct. 15th

BryanEx
10-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Just wondering if any other Traders are planning on attending the Eastern Ontario Tour on the 15th of October? If so, my wife Merna and I will see you there. If you are in the area and not familiar with the days events, I've posted the info here;

http://www.sugarbush.info/classifieds2/maple-related-events/p68-eastern-ontario-maple-tour.html

jd maple
10-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Hey Bryan is Williamstown near Cornwall. I'm thinking of going, even though I have way to much to do at home before the white stuff comes.

BryanEx
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Williamstown is North of the 401 between Cornwall and Lancaster. Just be sure to check if they still have room on the bus before planning on attending and let us know if you are going. Always cool to meet other Traders in person.

- Bryan

Yellzee
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
very tempting to make the drive for this, but doubt I will make it. just too many fall jobs to do

jd maple
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey Bryan thanks for the heads up on the tour it was a relaxing and very informative day. I learned alot. Now I have to get busy and get to work to get my bush in shape for the future. I recommend maple tours like this one to any producer, there is something for everyone. Thanks

BryanEx
10-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Bummer! Wish I knew you were on the bus... I would have gone looking for you. I think the tour was really well done and it was nice to see such a diversity between producers. They ranged from all brand new to multi-generational, they had tap counts from 300 to 4000, and they either had no online experience to being familiar with "social media". The feel I got was that neither the local producers association nor the local wood lot association were strong enough to host such an event on their own so they combined efforts and put on a really good show. Forest management and syrup production do go hand-in-hand. On top of all that I was stunned by the changes made by new ownership at Sand Road. The food was actually good and Angela is one sharp cookie when it comes to the maple business. 15 bucks well spent by anyone that attended.

jd maple
10-15-2011, 07:33 PM
I agree i was very impressed with every stop from wood lot info , the new evaporator and OR set up to the great lunch and the great insight and Sand rd. And the last stop was alot like my wood lot. I took as much as I could in and plan on some wood lot managment next year here to have a productive bush now and the future.