PDA

View Full Version : Seeking feedback on lapierre/waterloo/small 24x60 raised flu evap

MapleME
09-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Upgrading from my flat 2x6. Saw this in a shop today, looked beautiful but know nothing about running a dual pan evaporator or using a pan with flue's.

Interested in feedback on what may be important for me to know here.

Many thanks in advance!

MapleMe

Daren
09-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Not sure where to start here , but it will not be a prob making the transition. A few things go consider ....raised flue are a little more involved to operate due to separate floats and levels in the pans. Drop flues operate with a single float box. The only other thing that comes to mind is to try to establish a good gradient in your front pan before you actually get to syrup as I have seen syrup form in the sections behind your drawoff side making it nearly impossible to get it off without burning your pans. It has happened to most everyone I know!

BryanEx
09-30-2011, 05:51 PM
The only other thing that comes to mind is to try to establish a good gradient in your front pan before you actually get to syrup as I have seen syrup form in the sections behind your drawoff side making it nearly impossible to get it off without burning your pans. It has happened to most everyone I know!

Is this specific to either a raised or drop flue... or both?