PDA

View Full Version : Long Distant Syrup Travel

Dan W
09-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Sold some syrup at a fall festival today. One of my first customers inquired about the shelf life. She said she was going to Holland in a few months and wanted to take some with her as gifts. I thought that was pretty cool. Maybe she can set me up with a distributor in Amsterdam!!!

Flat Lander Sugaring
09-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I was gone from VT for 2yrs and had syrup left from March 2008 opened it 2010 oct 2010 and I didn't notice anything different.

Buckshot
09-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Had a co-worker tell me last week that she sent some maple syrup home with her sister-in-law to Paris. She works in a hospital, and apparently one of the Dr's there is now hooked on my maple syrup. :)
I thought it was cool to know that our syrup went international - especially considering we're a small hobby producer and made 100L last year.

maple flats
09-25-2011, 05:12 PM
My farthest has been to New Zealand. Love it. I should have kept a record of states and countries. I remember several but I'll bet I forgot some. Some went to Honduras this summer, to a missionary who orders it special, he's hooked.
Dave

Mike in NY
09-26-2011, 08:05 AM
last week we shipped to Texas and Virginia. Farthest I know of was a fella in the service taking a quart back with him to Germany.

Hurry Hill Farm
09-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Had someone call me this year re: a gallon of syrup in a glass jug in a basement. Last time someone around here canned in big glass gallons was the 1970's. The seal was good and the syrup, it turned out, was exceptional!!!! A lot of old timers liked their syrup in glass - and my father always said "Clear enough that they could read the newspaper through it!"

talahi maple products
09-26-2011, 02:56 PM
The store I sell to had a guy come in around the end of August, Bought all they had in plastic & said he was shipping it to Japan.

220 maple
09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
During the festival last week a young lady was interpeting to her parents as she was going thru the craft building, I always display something about Maple and I helped explain Maple Syrup to her then she explained to her parents. I gave them a sample taste of Syrup and Candy and Coated Nuts. Needless to say my Maple Syrup made in West Virginia, USA. Has made the trip to Island of Sardina, off the coast of Italy. Trying to Balance the trade deficit one jug at a time. My mother inlaw took my syrup with her as gift when they went to New Zealand on a Mission Trip about Six or Seven Years ago. Rumer has it that a order came in from that region this Spring for 80000 quarts to one of the large packers in New England? Just think what one quart as a gift can do! Just Kidding

Mark 220 Maple

Z/MAN
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Had a family reunion this summer and a 3rd cousin showed up from Hong Kong. Took some syrup back to Hong Kong with his family.:)

twofer
09-29-2011, 07:48 PM
This was our first commercial year but we ended up selling syrup everywhere from Florida to Massachusetts to Washington (state) and down to Arizona. It was a great feeling putting in all that hard work to produce a product from our woods and then have it go so far away to someone.

Kinda corny I guess but I enjoy it.

firetech
09-30-2011, 07:33 AM
This year from my farmers makert stand we have sent syrup to NC,SC,Fl,Tx,Az,Mo,Ha,and Ca. Over sea Australia,New Zeland,and Antatica. Crazy how this stuff makes all around. Forgot one, we even send it to CANADA.