PDA

View Full Version : How did you find the mapletrader.com website?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
02-21-2006, 05:14 PM
post edited

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Found it a long time ago by surfing the web looking for maple stuff. :D

Jay
02-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Found it by looking for information on maple syrup. Jay

maple flats
02-21-2006, 06:32 PM
I too found it by searching for maple info on the web. About a week later a fellow Forestry Forum member suggested I try it, i told him i had already registered. If anyone checks out forestryforum.com I am also Maple Flats there too. A good place for everything from growing trees to drying lumber and anything else wood related.

Sugarmaker
02-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Found the site looking for maple items. Had not participated for quite a while then was prompted by a local syrup maker to just get on and say hi.
Chris

brookledge
02-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I found it by a friend who suggested I take a look at it
Keith

mcsap
02-21-2006, 07:55 PM
I found it after hearing about the Maple News from a friend and doing a search for it online. I'm glad I did, too.

John

Father & Son
02-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Found it when I was surfing like everyone else. Looking for equipment and now spend too much time in front of the computer.
Jim

VA maple guy
02-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I to found it like most everyone else, surfing the internet . I singed up the same night. It's the now the first site i go to. :D

ibby458
02-22-2006, 05:00 AM
A friend I met in the Antique tractor website clued me in. Spend hours/day here now, checking out the old posts

MASSEY JACK
02-22-2006, 06:55 AM
I found the site because another sugarmaker told me about it. Same as everyone else...I spend too much time in front of the computer.

mapleman3
02-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Found it surfing while looking for my fist Half pint evap, and was able to buy it from a guy in NH, then later Bougt my 2x6 from Mike in VT also off the Trader !! been here since the beginning, I actually think I had the original Mapleman name (I think) then forgot and resigned up as Mapleman3.. I don't quite remember back that far

Dale Westrick
02-22-2006, 01:18 PM
I became interested in the process of collecting maple syurp while on a bow and arrow rabbit hunt. We were hunting by an old sugar shack that was abandoned due to the cost of collecting the syurp. So I went to the library and got an old book about maple Syurp and started to read. Then I decided to check further and got on the internet. It has been quite interesting reading about the different solutions to maple syurp collection. I think that the old sugar shack we were hunting by might be put back into operation if a tube collection system would be installed.
I will continue to read about the systems in order to maybe understand as much as I can.

Russell Lampron
02-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I discovered the site a long time ago when it was just a place to sell your used maple equipment. I think it was around 2002.

Russ

themapleking
02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I knew about it because Chris told me he was thinking about making a sight from maple information. Because there's nothing out their for this kind on infor. Glade he did too.

GregMVT
02-23-2006, 05:03 AM
I found it when Al, Pumpkin Village, posted something on the TractorByNet website about it.

Greg

NH Maplemaker
02-23-2006, 07:20 AM
A young man were my daughter was working as a temp,told here to have me check out a site called mapletrader. Been checking it out every day since(and night and after noon) and when wife is'nt looking!!!!

Dale Westrick
02-24-2006, 05:57 PM
I was reading a book on produceing maple syurp and since it was an old book I decided to check on the web for more information. I think I just typed in maple syurp produceing and clicked on Maple trader site.

Daren
02-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Found it surfing after my wife got me the Backyard Sugarin' book by Rink Mann. Been addicted ever since. By the posts I read in this subject, it is obvious that this is the only place to be if you have any interest in maple sugaring. i recommend it to eveyone I know who has ever thought of making some of that Golden Delicious.