PDA

View Full Version : Maple Syrup is good for liver

CBOYER
09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
link to an article about a new study:

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/90059829?Maple%20syrup%20may%20promote%20liver%20h ealth

and link to Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_eB2deYJY&feature=player_embedded

KenWP
09-14-2011, 08:22 PM
So you mix it with booze and it cures all.

BryanEx
09-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I thought anything mixed with booze cures all. At least that's the theory I work with. :D

maple flats
09-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I thought the only thing good for liver was bacon and onions.

DrTimPerkins
09-15-2011, 06:37 AM
So you mix it with booze and it cures all.

As long as you're a laboratory rat. :rolleyes:

Flat Lander Sugaring
09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Majitos:Dmmmmmm

GramaCindy
09-15-2011, 09:15 PM
I NEED to make more syrup!;)

dianneR
10-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Maple syrup is absolutely useful and it has lots of health benefits and being good to the liver is just one. The only problem is that pure, real maple syrup is very expensive that more individuals can't afford to have some for their consumption. The cost of this syrup can go as high as $100 per gallon and because of its sky-high cost, there are those individuals who take advantage with the situation. In fact, a man is now facing costs of deception after attempting to market flavored cane syrup as "real" maple syrup. The Food and drug administration and state DOA in Vermont both tested samples of an item promoted as "real" maple syrup. The item, however, turned out to be sugar syrup. The incident pushed some to be very careful in purchasing the product and in fact, it is now being worked in the senate as initiated by Senator Leahy trying to strengthen maple syrup law (http://www.newsytype.com/12686-maple-syrup-law/). This law, if approved, would be of great help for the consumers to get rid of fake maple syrup in the market because it would strengthen protections for the brand of Vermont maple syrup.

Greenwich Maple Man
10-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Maple syrup is absolutely useful and it has lots of health benefits and being good to the liver is just one. The only problem is that pure, real maple syrup is very expensive that more individuals can't afford to have some for their consumption. The cost of this syrup can go as high as $100 per gallon and because of its sky-high cost, there are those individuals who take advantage with the situation. In fact, a man is now facing costs of deception after attempting to market flavored cane syrup as "real" maple syrup. The Food and drug administration and state DOA in Vermont both tested samples of an item promoted as "real" maple syrup. The item, however, turned out to be sugar syrup. The incident pushed some to be very careful in purchasing the product and in fact, it is now being worked in the senate as initiated by Senator Leahy trying to strengthen maple syrup law (http://www.newsytype.com/12686-maple-syrup-law/). This law, if approved, would be of great help for the consumers to get rid of fake maple syrup in the market because it would strengthen protections for the brand of Vermont maple syrup.

Another LA trader?:confused:

Greenwich Maple Man
10-14-2011, 05:24 AM
As long as you're a laboratory rat. :rolleyes:

Come on Doctor Tim, bacon ,liver onions, mashed potatoes and some ketchup along with a big salad. Sounds good to me. I think I'm going to go kill a beefer!!!!!!;)

KenWP
10-15-2011, 12:54 PM
They had a whole radio program on a Montreal station about the myth of maple syrup being good for you. I sort of ignored most of it.

whalems
10-19-2011, 10:02 PM
I had someone stop in to buy syrup and wanted C grade because she said it has more minerals in it. I don't have any C grade so she didn't want any of my grade A medium or dark. Has anyone heard of more minerals in grade C before? And the health benifits of grade C?

red maples
10-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Nope according to the new study that was just done, all the grades have almost the same nutrients reguardless of color.

I just had someone looking for the grade B beacuse it has more nutrients in it. But I did correct them nicely and talked about the study a little to convince them.

Its a good thing that maple syrup is good for the liver it will counter act the amount of boiling sodas consumed during the season!!! :)

Believe it or not if you drink alot you won't have a heart attack it keeps in the arteries nice and clean. but in turn it will distroy your liver among other things!!!

whalems
10-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Nope according to the new study that was just done, all the grades have almost the same nutrients reguardless of color.

I just had someone looking for the grade B beacuse it has more nutrients in it. But I did correct them nicely and talked about the study a little to convince them.

Its a good thing that maple syrup is good for the liver it will counter act the amount of boiling sodas consumed during the season!!! :)

Believe it or not if you drink alot you won't have a heart attack it keeps in the arteries nice and clean. but in turn it will distroy your liver among other things!!!
That is what I thought I read somewhere but was not 100% sure. and she was one of those people that was sure she was right. So one lost sale but I did save alot of time by not arguing/educating her. Thanks for the info.