PDA

View Full Version : Any fall maple events?

BryanEx
09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Anyone know of any fall or early winter maple events planned for this year? I've checked every producer association web site but so far all I've found are these four;

Eastern Ontario Maple Tour
Michigan State Fall Tour
Maple Syrup Producer's Workshop (in PA)
New York State Maple Tour

Seems very odd to have Vermont and Lanark, Ontario missing from that list.

- Bryan

DrTimPerkins
09-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Anyone know of any fall or early winter maple events planned for this year? I've checked every producer association web site but so far all I've found are these four;

The joint North American Maple Syrup Council and International Maple Syrup Institute Meetings, hosted by the Michigan Maple Syrup Producers Association, will be held from Oct 23-26, 2011, at Frankenmuth, MI.

http://www.mi-maplesyrup.com/events/special.htm

Seems very odd to have Vermont and Lanark, Ontario missing from that list.

Vermont has their January Maple Conferences. Not totally sure of the dates yet. MapleRama is held each summer (July or August).

BryanEx
09-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks very much Dr. Perkins. Sugarbush.Info is very much based on web sites but I found over this past year that many of the best producer events did not have permanently hosted web sites which excluded them from being listed. I have addressed that by adding a new section which allows me to list producer events with temporary web pages or even just a flyer or brochure. I will keep watch on all the producer websites along with Proctor and Cornell and of course, Maple Trader to try and keep up with what's planned for the industry.

ennismaple
09-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Bryan - Springdale Farms (Stephen, Don & Marion Dodds) are hosting an open house on Sept 30 & Oct 1. Details can be found on Lapierre's home page or here:

http://www.sugaringequipment.elapierre.com/down/241.pdf

I can't make it but my brother plans to attend.

waysidemaple
09-14-2011, 01:37 PM
The Tioga and Potter county Maple Tour in PA is on the last weekend this month.

Scott

PARKER MAPLE
09-14-2011, 03:35 PM
new cdl store opens this weekend in Rutland Vt, Open house is Friday and Saturday

BryanEx
09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
This is great - thanks for everyone's feedback. Keep them coming as you hear about things regardless of the area and especially if there is more than a few weeks notice. I'll repost any events with more than a couple of weeks notice to my own web site to help promote them to others not on Trader.

BryanEx
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
The joint North American Maple Syrup Council and International Maple Syrup Institute Meetings, hosted by the Michigan Maple Syrup Producers Association, will be held from Oct 23-26, 2011, at Frankenmuth, MI.

This is a bigger deal than I had originally thought. In addition to the NAMSC/IMSI Annual Meetings and the Michigan State Fall Tour there is also a candy & confection contest, photo contest, confection workshop, and a maple grading school all going on. You can check out the Michigan State Tour info HERE (http://www.sugarbush.info/classifieds2/maple-related-events/p60-michigan-state-fall-tour.html) or from the link to the Michigan Maple Syrup Association Dr. Perkins posted above. In case you are wondering, Frankenmuth, Michigan is about half way between Flint, MI and Saginaw Bay.

Bucket Head
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Guy's,

The 2011 N.Y. Maple Tour wrapped up today. It was a good tour- very interesting. It's a lot of fun seeing other operations and talking with the owners. And the food was good too! I'd reccomend to everyone to take part in their state's tour when it comes up. Or, if a neighboring state's tour is going to be close to you, check theirs out. I saw quite a few out of state name tags on this tour.

As everyone finds out about events near them, post them with their dates so we all know about them.

Steve

xyz5150
09-21-2011, 08:00 AM
BryanEx

This is a bigger deal than I had originally thought. In addition to the NAMSC/IMSI Annual Meetings and the Michigan State Fall Tour there is also a candy & confection contest, photo contest, confection workshop, and a maple grading school all going on. You can check out the Michigan State Tour info HERE or from the link to the Michigan Maple Syrup Association Dr. Perkins posted above. In case you are wondering, Frankenmuth, Michigan is about half way between Flint, MI and Saginaw Bay.

In case you are wondering, Frankenmuth is a beautiful German town with no wally worlds or home cheapos. Frankenmuth is well known for their chicken dinners, BEER, sausage, and of course Bronner's worlds largest Christmas store, lucky for me its only a 40 minute drive from my house. If you are going to Frankenmuth here is just a few things that are a must to see. Zehnders (chicken dinner), Bavarian inn (chicken dinner), Frankenmuth Brewery ( BEER, good food i love their wienerschnitzel), Kern's sausage, wills sausage, did i mention i like to eat, and Bronner's Christmas store, warning if you take your wife you never get her out of there.

Round Mtn Mapler
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Looks like I missed the event at Bacon Maple. Are there any more events this fall in MAine?

BryanEx
10-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm still looking but the only thing I know about in Maine right now is the Fryeburg Fair which is more of a competion and sale for producers than equipment and information.

http://www.fryeburgfair.com/

I'll keep you posted if I find any more things going on.

- Bryan

Round Mtn Mapler
10-05-2011, 07:36 PM
ok thanks...
I would like to visit some working operations this fall

walnutdalefarm
10-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Lapierre dealer in Somerset PA (mike lynch) is having a "Tubing field day/RO session" on October 29, 9:30am- 2pm at his camp. he's replacing a big section of tubing. There will be a factory representative. If any questions call him 814-442-3680 or mikejdeerelynch@aol.com. He spends some time on here also but I can't think of his handle. P.S. FREE LUNCH.